|Posted date||31st January, 2023||Last date to apply||13th February, 2023|
I)Organizational Context and Scope
In the 2022 Monsoon Pakistan experienced an unprecedented amount of rainfall resulting in mega flooding estimating around one-third of the country to be submerged in water. In other estimates, more than 33 million people have been impacted by the monsoon floods in the country since mid-June. The areas that have sustained the most severe damage are the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, and Sindh provinces. Sindh province was especially hard hit. To date, 72 districts across Pakistan have been declared ‘calamity hit’ by the Government.
The Community Resilience Activity-North (CRA-N) Project is designed to support community-level resilience development and conflict prevention activities within the newly merged districts (NMDs) of Khyber, Kurram, North Waziristan; Orakzai and the flood-affected districts in all three provinces; In order to help the current flood-hit communities, CRA-North aims to address various needs of people ensuring that they ‘build back better’ with reduced vulnerabilities and become resilient communities. CRA-North will pursue a multi-disciplinary and community-participatory approach and will work in close coordination with the Government of Pakistan (GoP) at the district, regional and national levels.
The Site Engineer will be working under the overall supervision of the QAQC Engineer while working directly under the leadership of the CRA-N District Team Leader. The Site Engineer will provide support to the CRA-N’s overall project objectives through community-based physical infrastructure interventions.
II)Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist the QAQC, in designing the required architectural and structural drawings.
- Ensure that all technical inputs & cost estimates related to the construction/rehabilitation components are accurate, timely, and included in the overall project proposals and budgets.
- Ensure that effective implementation, monitoring & supervision, and reporting tools are developed and implemented.
- Prepare field progress reports while monitoring the implementation of engineering works in terms of outputs against approved activity plans.
- Ensure that all necessary actions are taken, in collaboration with the DTL and QAQC Engineer to guarantee that project activities are completed to the highest technical standard within the prescribed timeframe and budget.
- In close coordination with the QAQC Engineer identify and manage risks and initiate corrective action where necessary to ensure overall project quality.
- Ensure adherence to the Procurement Guidelines, and donor requirements in terms of tendering bids, negotiating contractual agreements, and relevant engineering activities.
- Prepare reports and other relevant documents as required
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Experience working with Community Development project implementation and preferably having experience in quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Experience in Engineering Design, AutoCAD, Cost Estimation, and Technical Report
(specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in English & Urdu
We would encourage Female candidates to apply
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience
Qualification: Three Year Diploma Of Associate Engi....
Minimum Qualification: B.Sc /B.E Mechanical / Elect....