USAID’s Pakistan Power Sector Improvement Activity (PSIA) is seeking
Update Job -UI/UX Designer for its project office located in Lahore, Pakistan
** This position is open to Citizens of Pakistan, Only**
The Pakistan Power Sector Improvement Activity (PSIA) is a four-year, $23.5M Activity aiming to increase the financial viability, reliability, and affordability of Pakistan’s power system. PSIA supports USAID’s focus on facilitating long-term solutions to energy issues through increased engagement with the private sector. This will be achieved by leveraging private investment and providing technical assistance to improve governance, implement necessary reforms, and promote fair and open competition in the market.
Working together with Pakistan-based subcontractors, PSIA will support Pakistani government efforts to transition to a competitive power market; improve energy transmission and distribution system operations; optimize the use of grid electricity and increase the share of renewable energy production and energy efficiency utilization in the country’s energy mix. Key considerations for the PSIA Activity include more fully engaging the private sector, coordinating with Pakistani and regionally based stakeholders, ensuring environmental compliance and climate risk management, and promoting gender equality.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team to turn a complex and sometimes cumbersome process into an intuitive, satisfying and empowering experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual UX design skills
- Highly knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design
- Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to validate design decisions
- Proficiency in using Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, or SVN is a big plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, human-computer interaction, interaction design, cognitive science, or related discipline
- 1-3 years of professional design experience as a UX / interaction designer, information architect or a similar UX-related role
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms
- Self-motivated with ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.