USAID’s Pakistan Power Sector Improvement Activity (PSIA) is seeking Xplatform Mobile Application Developer for its project office located in Lahore, Pakistan
** This position is open to Citizens of Pakistan, Only**
The Pakistan Power Sector Improvement Activity (PSIA) is a four-year, $23.5M Activity aiming to increase the financial viability, reliability, and affordability of Pakistan’s power system. PSIA supports USAID’s focus on facilitating long-term solutions to energy issues through increased engagement with the private sector. This will be achieved by leveraging private investment and providing technical assistance to improve governance, implement necessary reforms, and promote fair and open competition in the market.
Working together with Pakistan-based subcontractors, PSIA will support Pakistani government efforts to transition to a competitive power market; improve energy transmission and distribution system operations; optimize the use of grid electricity and increase the share of renewable energy production and energy efficiency utilization in the country’s energy mix. Key considerations for the PSIA Activity include more fully engaging the private sector, coordinating with Pakistani and regionally based stakeholders, ensuring environmental compliance and climate risk management, and promoting gender equality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality, scalable and heavily tested software
- Define technical design for Application (future phases require Enterprise integration, working with REST services, advanced features of Google API, working with Vendor Mobile APIS, Push notifications, etc.
- Ability to project estimates, timelines, feasibility and alternative solutions
- This position is responsible for development and maintenance of Hybrid mobile applications
- Candidate will be responsible for documenting design
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years hands on experience required of developing hybrid mobile applications.
- Strong understanding of iOS, Android operating platforms
- Experience with mobile IDEs and Hybrid app development (preferably using Flutter/React Native)
- Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile)
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to triage technical issues
- Must have experience with hybrid mobile applications in jQuery, integration of Google API, leveraging existing databases and data sources