Chief of Party | Pakistan | 2022
Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Climate Smart Energy Activity (CSEA) in Pakistan. The activity aims to support the Government of Pakistan in the implementation of its Nationally Determined Contributions commitments in two ways: 1) reducing emissions from the energy sector; and 2) decreasing the energy sector’s vulnerability to the effects of climate change. The Chief of Party will provide technical and management oversight of the activity. This position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan. Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, program direction, and technical expertise
- Provides leadership, management, and technical direction to personnel, consultants, subcontractors, and project activities
- Facilitates implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and partner coordination
- Oversees activity strategic planning, performance management, and communications including timely preparation of the annual implementation plan
- Develops and maintain productive partnerships with USAID and other donors, the private sector, utilities, regulatory bodies, and other stakeholders in the energy sector
- Responsible for the overall and direct implementation of activities, and ensures all project technical assistance is high quality, technically sound and appropriate
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify program assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Supervises senior management team, staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensures compliance with USAID regulations, Chemonics policies and procedures, and local labor laws
- Other tasks as required to achieve activity objectives and expected results
- Advanced degree in energy/environmental policy, climate sciences, economics, engineering, business, or other relevant field
- Minimum 15 years of progressively responsible work experience in the energy sector including investment facilitation, climate finance, and clean energy, preferably in Pakistan
- Familiarity with Pakistan’s energy sector, including key energy enterprises and infrastructure, policies and regulations, and the effects of climate change preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory work experience including supervision of technical teams of energy professionals to effectively respond to complex assignments
- Practical experience working with a range of project partners, including government agencies (USG and host), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, and bilateral and multilateral entities
- An excellent record working with USAID or other donors on energy sector projects
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Urdu preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to [email protected] by November 25, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.