Job Description-Security Officer
(Project Title: Improving Equitable Access and Quality of Education for Afghan Refugees and Vulnerable Host Communities in Pakistan)
Location: WEO Head Office with need-based travel to project districts i.e. Mansehra, Kohat and Bannu.
Gender: Both men and women can apply: qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Core Job Responsibilities/Specifications: The Security Officer’s responsibilities/specifications include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the overall management of the program’s safety and security systems, including the implementation of the security plan, by remaining abreast of various safety and security procedures, policies, guidelines and organization best practices.
- Supervise and guide the Guard Commander in the day-to-day management of the security guard force.
- Regularly liaise with security personnel from other organizations, police and military officials and local government authorities at appropriate levels.
- Systematically document, map, monitor and report all program related safety/security incidents, situations and advisories from other entities and report such to the security officer.
- Collect open source and proprietary information relating to the security situation in the area of responsibility for onward submission to the security officer.
- Help ensure that program staff members adhere to all safety and security protocols.
- Help ensure the timely and appropriate dissemination of security information to staff.
- Assist in conducting security assessments/evaluations and offer appropriate risk mitigation recommendations based on existing program Security Unit safety and security protocols.
- Assist as required in security administration, particularly with respect to Travel Security Clearances, Travel Tracking, the Warden System and staff lists and ensure that program security documents are updated and properly stored.
- Conduct safety and security briefings/trainings/drills as required.
- Perform other safety and security related duties as required.
- In security and emergency services, dedication to duty is paramount and demands flexibility and commitment, especially during emergencies.
- Perform any other task/duty assign by the supervisor.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a thorough knowledge of English is a must; working knowledge of Pushto or other local languages will be an advantage
- Computer literacy and proficiency in commonly used applications such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to train staff
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required to meet the deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English writing and speaking is required.
- Problem solving
- Computer skills with fluency in Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Should have Masters/BS degree in related subjects/social sciences, management sciences etc.
- Proven related work experience of around 5 years with any reputable organization/s.
Note: Positions will be filled on rolling basis.