The Pakistan Power Sector Improvement Activity (PSIA) is a four-year, $23.5M Activity aiming to increase the financial viability, reliability, and affordability of Pakistan’s power system. PSIA supports USAID’s focus on facilitating long-term solutions to energy issues through increased engagement with the private sector. This will be achieved by leveraging private investment and providing technical assistance to improve governance, implement necessary reforms, and promote fair and open competition in the market.
Working together with Pakistan-based subcontractors, PSIA will support Pakistani government efforts to transition to a competitive power market; improve energy transmission and distribution system operations; optimize the use of grid electricity; and increase the share of renewable energy production and energy efficiency utilization in the country’s energy mix. Key considerations for the PSIA Activity include more fully engaging the private sector, coordinating with Pakistani and regionally based stakeholders, ensuring environmental compliance and climate risk management, and promoting gender equality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a HEC recognized university.
- Candidate should have work experience of 3-6 years preferably in areas of loss reduction, system improvement, project & material management, HSE and operations & maintenance of MV/LV distribution network.
- Working experience in DISCOs is highly preferred.
- Experience of working on multi donor projects is a plus.
- Ability to work in team environment and meet tight deadlines under demanding conditions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with ability to present complex technical proposals.
- High level of computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Power point.
- Provide implementation support to complete tasks for DISCO technical and operational improvement initiatives, including supervision, performance assessment, trainings and etc.
- Prepare required project progress reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work closely with Monitoring & Evaluation team of PSIA to support data gathering and analysis.
- Coordinate meetings to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Provide guidance to the field force for timely trouble shooting during project execution.
- Assist in technical evaluation of bids as part of procurement process.
- Assist line managers in preparing scope of work to engage sub-contractors and consultants.
- Completes field tasks/activities by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.