About the Programme
The Revenue Mobilisation, Investment and Trade (REMIT) is a 39-month (2021 – 2025) programme funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The programme provides technical assistance to the Government of Pakistan (GoP), including key ministries, departments and other government bodies to implement reforms for strengthening macroeconomic stability and improving conditions for economic growth.
Technical assistance to the GoP comprises several distinct but inter-related workstreams spanning revenue mobilization and taxes, investment climate and FDI, and general capability building, operational efficiency, and digitization support.
This technical assistance in each workstream is provided by a team of technical experts and specialists working under the strategic direction of a workstream lead, supported in research, analytics, and execution by a team of business analysts and delivery associates.
Objective of the Role
The principle role of the Implementation Associate is to work with the workstream lead to collect and analyse data that informs strategic priorities, intervention design and implementation plans. The Implementation Associate will take technical input from the relevant technical experts as well as direction, feedback and guidance from the relevant government counterparts to prepare structured plans, presentations and written reports as may be required.
Duties and responsibilities – Delivery Associate / Implementation Associate
- Implementation Associates will support the workstream team in systematically charting out robust, structured interventions to drive the programme’s strategic objectives.
- Implementation Associates will engage directly with government counterparts to gather information, problem solve interventions, and plan and roll out implementation. This includes preparing and providing trainings to develop counterpart capabilities and tracking reform progress and proactively identifying need for course correction.
- The role requires strong, systematic problem solving and intervention planning across one or more project workstreams on a proactive basis and effective communication and client engagement skills.
Profile and Background required
The Implementation Associate is a strong problem solver with experience in data analytics and verbal, written and visual communication as well as field implementation. The Implementation Associate should have comfort in working closely and collaboratively with government counterparts.
The Implementation Associate should have the following experience and skillset:
- Bachelor/Masters degree, with strong track record of academic achievement
- At least 2 years of experience working on strategy consulting or strategy implementation, ideally with a reform unit in Pakistan or with public sector strategic units, or with a professional corporate organization in an analytical or client facing role.
- Strong problem solving capability with experience with data analytics and data-driven issue dissection
- Understanding of issues in collecting and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to develop high quality, logical presentations and reports with clear charts and concise prose
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think in a structured way in new circumstances
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build a strong, trusting and productive working relationship with both counterparts and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with desirable attributes including determined, hardworking and focused, optimistic and confident, passionate and committed to the mission, willing to work hard under pressure
- Strong MS Excel and MS Powerpoint skills and the ability to make and deliver compelling, clear presentations
- Willingness to travel to and stay in field locations if and when required and to work flexible hours to deliver against deadlines
Interested applicants should email CVs not more than 2 pages under the subject “Delivery Associate” on [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 1st July, 2022