TORs FOR C19RM COORDINATION OFFICER
POSITION TITLE: C19RM Coordination Officer
WORK HOURS: Full TIme, 40 Hours/Week
DURATION: Short Term, till Dec 31, 2022
DUTY STATION: CCM Secretariat, NIH, Islamabad
COVID-19 is having catastrophic impact on most vulnerable communities and threatens progress against HIV, TB and Malaria, The GF has provided Funding to selected countries to fight against COVID 19 and mitigate its impact on fight against three diseases.
The role of Country Coordinating Mechanism in Global Fund processes is critical and backbone of the funding. Effective engagement of CCM throughout the process is of utmost importance. As the funding opportunity for COVID-19 is additional, time bound and peculiar therefore it is more pertinent to have additional human Resource in CCM to look after this area of funding. C19RM Coordination support to National TB program (PR) for the C19RM additional funding/ deliverables, monitoring to track progress and impact is crucial . Additionally, engagement with communities, KPs and Civil Society during implementation of C19RM is crucial, therefore close liaison with these actors by the CCM is important
C19RM implementation & monitoring of PR/ SRs is key responsibility of CCM secretariat. In addition effective community and CS engagement remains crucial for robust response to the pandemic, which necessitate the engagement of communities and Civil Society with CCM Secretariat. Keeping same in view, the Global Fund has approved a short duration human resource for the CCM Secretariat. This short term position till Dec 31, 2022 and will be known as C19RM Coordination.
The position will be placed in CCM Secretariat located in Islamabad.
- To support CCM for effective liaison and coordination with National TB program (PR) & SRs & communities, KPs and Civil Society engaged in implementation of C19RM grant
- To support and monitor PR and SRs & implementing entities from communities, KPs and Civil Society for better performance under C19RM
- To coordinate with all actors at federal level engaged in COVID-19 response
- To support on-going engagement in oversight of COVID-19 grant implementation and performance
- Integrate into Quarterly Oversight Committee meetings analysis on key information on C19RM funds implementation (targets achieved, absorption, bottlenecks, and others as relevant).
- Organize connectivity/logistics for extraordinary CCM meetings to discuss progress/bottlenecks of C19RM funds implementation.
- Facilitate quarterly/semi-annual meetings of the CCM Civil Society Sector representatives and representatives of affected populations and persons living with or affected by the diseases not on the CCM to gather opinions/feedback on how C19RM funds aimed at communities are being implemented.
- Convene quarterly/semi-annual follow-up meetings with National COVID-19 Response Authority to discuss progress, address ongoing challenges, and provide feedback from the Civil Society
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based in Islamabad, this position will involve working with dedicated group of people at CCM Secretariat and with NTP ( PR ) & SRs & diverse communities, KPs and Civil Society, Provincial stakeholder and NCOC. The incumbent is expected to accomplish the tasks including but not limited to following:
- To help CCM Secretariat in discharge of its duties related to C19RM implementation & monitoring of both technical and financial progress.
- Close liaison and coordination with implementing entities including PRs, SRs and SSRs
- To assist implementing entities in implementation of C19RM grant
- To provide oversight for the implementing entities
- To ensure availability of reports and returns related to C19RM well on time
- To keep the dashboard on C19 RM updated
- To ensure close coordination with NCOC, Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations & Coordination and other stakeholders engaged in C19 response
- Liaison and coordination with Global Fund Country team
- To assist CCM Coordination in daily office work
- Carryout analysis of available data and information
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s Degree In Public Health and or Social Sciences
- At least two years of experience of working with national and or sub-national disease control public health program and or civil society organization engaged with TB /HIV /Malaria. Working experience with HIV, TB and Malaria communities and associated KPs is added benefit
- One year working experience in multi-stakeholders’ environments
- Working experience with any GF related project
COMPETENCIES: Analytical skills, writing expertise, communication skills and team work
LANGUAGE: Sound oral and written expertise in English and Urdu
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Cross culture sensitivity, strong analytical skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, well organized and sensitive for HIV, TB and Malaria communities
NOTE: We are equal opportunity employer