Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA for more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families worldwide. Jhpiego is under Gavi COVID Delivery Support grant is mandated to implement "Reach the Unreached" An enhanced COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy to vaccinate most vulnerable and unregistered population in Pakistan to enhance COVID-19 Immunization coverage in selected district and strengthening COVID-19 vaccinations facilities through supportive supervision in Karachi and adjacent districts. The program will closely work with Provincial EPI Program and the Health Department for improving quality of COVID-19 vaccination especially in unreached and venerable and unregistered population residing in slums of two selected districts.
Jhpiego is seeking services of a seasoned communications professional to strengthen COVID-19 immunization in unreached and vulnerable population in selected areas of Karachi, the communication officer will support to identify the cultural and social barriers and factors contributing towards vaccine hesitancy in population and devise a communication strategy to mitigate the barriers.
- Develop and implement communication strategy, in coordination with Jhpiego country and global communications team, to enhance COVID-19 immunization.
- Support and conduct focused group discussions to understand the immunization barriers in target population.
- Support provincial Jhpiego team and EPI Program Sindh to implement the strategy.
- Develop visually attractive and comprehensible presentations illustrating the organization’s achievements and impact Draft success stories, blogs and social media posts based on program achievements
- Support program teams to draft, edit and format program documents, including communication deliverables such as, brochures, flyers, ads, promotional videos, slideshows
- Ensure proper branding and marking of Jhpiego and program materials and activities as per Jhpiego or program-specific branding and marking guidelines
- Ensure appropriate and effective representation of project activities at public health events and conferences
- Track, periodically assess and respond to internal communication requirements
- Periodically update HQ staff on key activities and achievements such as success stories.
- Assist with developing and producing documents, reports and presentations according to Jhpiego guidelines for internal program needs and externally for dissemination.
- Development of communication calendar for organization that coordinate project related communication products and highlight key events e.g. World Health day, international women's day etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University Degree in Mass Communications/ public relations/ social sciences or other relevant degree from a reputed institute. (advanced degree preferred)
- Atleast 3-5 years’ experience in corporate communications, journalism, public relations, with at least two years with public health work
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills including the ability to multitask even under pressure of deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Excellent computer, writing, analytical, communication, and organization skills
- Pakistan nationals encouraged to apply
- Willingness to travel nationally to project sites
- Covid vaccination certificate would be desirable as per government protocols.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Failure to follow the instructions of applying, your application would be denied.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org