The consultants having post-graduate Civil Engineering and have 3 years experience in solar power system implementation can apply for this consultancy assignment. The estimated duration of consultancy assignment is 3 to 4 months starting from January 2022 with frequent travel into 6 district locations of respective province KP.
The consultant will be engaged based on per workday consultancy price (in Pak Rupees) subject to deduction of sales tax and applicable income tax as per FBR rules.
Detailed TORs of the position is attached.
A number of Sites/Health Facility where solar power backup systems will be provided :
3. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa : Total Sites 10 in different district location of KP :
(1 Individual /Consultant/Firm is required for KP districts to manage approximately 5 districts
Namely Peshawar, Mardan, Charsadda, Bunir and Chitral
Specific TORs of the Consultant :
1. The consultant will be responsible for vetting of equipment in accordance with the contract issued to the suppliers which includes but not limited to, solar PV panels, inverters, cables, mounting structures, and or any other equipment associated with proper functioning of the solar PV system to be installed at each of the site/health facility and fully responsible for overall supervision and monitoring of contractor.
2. The consultant will review the overall construction and recommend the installation of PV solar panels on roof or on the pole. The consultant shall confirm from respective in charge of health facility/site prior installation of structure and allied equipment inside premises of health facility/site in close coordination with HI Field WASH Specialist.
3. The implementation/installation of power backup the system at the facility/site will be supervised by the consultant in close coordination with the supplier/s and will assist HI WASH Specialist on work progress.
4. Once the installation completed, the consultant will witness the site acceptance tests performed by the contractor in detail, verify that the solar system’s and electrical system’s components are successfully operational and report through post-installation assessment checklist to the HI Field WASH Specialist. The Post Installation Assessment shall be jointly conducted by a consultant in presence of the supplier’s team. The consultant will also conduct regular and random spot checks of installations in progress.
5. The consultant shall ensure training sessions to be conducted by the suppliers on how to carry out Operation and Maintenance (O&M) and safety of the system at each facility/site after completion of installation & commissioning and before the handover. It is the responsibility of the consultant to ensure that such an appropriate number of such training are carried out and that in charge of each Health facility/WASH Commitees shall be presented in such training. Certificate of training completion shall be issued by the supplier to the in-charge of health facility/site and it shall be submitted to HI Field WASH Specialist.
6. The consultant will be responsible to handover the power backup system in charge of the facility/site. Subsequently, the consultant will have to obtain a signature on handing over documents that will be provided by HI and submit one original copy to Field WASH Specialist.
7. The consultant will ensure uninterrupted correspondence with the supplier and HI during the course of implementation.
8. Verification of all equipment delivery notes at the site by matching with the contracts i.e. brand, quality, Quantity, and condition. Verification of quality of installation material, installation as per HSE standards & safe location inside the premises of health facility/site to ensure the connections are not exposed. Ensure installation of Solar Panels with appropriate angles and the mounting structure. Submit duly signed delivery & installation notes to HI and a copy to the supplier/s.
9. The consultant will submit daily, weekly, implementation progress reports to Field WASH Specialist.
10. The consultant will ensure all Social and Environmental provisions are met as per the local regulation.
11. The consultant will ensure end-to-end testing of the system on the load specified below.
12. The consultant will ensure the training to be provided by the supplier to on-site staff for trouble shooting and basic handling of the system.
13. The consultant will exercise to paste the branding stickers to all equipment that will be designed by himself/herself and reviewed, take & submit pictures to HI Field WASH Specialist.
14. The consultant will ensure mounting/display of HI approved system handling SOPs are displayed in each facility/site.
The consultant has to ensure the following equipment to be operational through the Power Backup Source during the course of delivery, installation, commissioning & training :
- Provide regular updates on the Implementation progress to HI Field WASH Specialist.
- Commissioning report of each site/facility with the details of connected loads.
- Coordination and information sharing with HI Field WASH Specialist.
- Sharing implementation pictures/videos with HI FWS via WhatsApp on regular basis.
- Obtain completion certificate of each bearing the signatures of vendor and in charge of and BHU/RVA submission to HI.
- Obtaining the handing over document duly signed by the in-charge of RVA/WASH management commitees and submission to HI Field WASH Specialist in the original.
Qualification and Experience
- Civil Engineering and minimum 3 years of field experience as supervisor/manager to implement the solar power systems in various locations of Pakistan.
- Ability to speak & understand the local language (Pashto/Afghani) of respective provinces and already aware of locations of sites mentioned above. Good understanding of English language, computer skills.
- Prior experience of working with UN agencies, INGOs/ Government departments, preferably in remote areas and energy backup solutions.
- Ability to travel in the field.
The approximate Work days for the consultancy assignment would be of completion of the work and hand over of sites.