- Conduct hygiene promotion sessions focusing on proper hand washing, safe excreta disposal, safe household water management, latrine usage and other key hygiene messages through home to home visits, group discussions/community meetings, information campaigns, targeting community of the assigned villages and key community members (religious leaders, elders etc.) to promote good hygiene practices and discourage bad practices.
- Compile and ensure timely submission of monthly reports and hygiene session record.
- Together with other staff members, facilitate and organize training for community Volunteers on basics of hygiene and key health activities to be conducted by the hygiene promoters, and as well as in interpersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Liaise with the community focal person, Religious Leaders, SMCs, CBOs, Officials, Community Influential/Leaders, Education and Health officials in the area.
- To roll out monitoring and reporting tools and job aids and ensure proper use of the same.
- Together with communities, ensure mobilization of the disaster affected communities as appropriate for participation in planning, construction, operation and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Support village Committees in conducting Village cleaning campaigns
- Contribute in promoting effective use of latrines and safe water, and follow up with beneficiaries.
- Support CMOs and WASH team during Distribution of hygiene, dignity, and winterization kits (where required)
- Distribution and positioning of IEC materials
- Take part in the selection, designing, pre-testing, developing, dissemination, and evaluation of appropriate hygiene educational material for effective hygiene promotion in the target area.
- Follow and ensure that gender, protection, local culture, and other important cross-cutting concerns are considered in program implementation, and reporting.