HelpAge international is a UK based international organization, committed to help older people to claim their rights, challenge discrimination and overcome poverty so they can lead to dignified, active, healthy and secure lives.
We work with our partners to ensure that people and stakeholders in Pakistan including the government, INGOs, UN, NGOs, media, and academia understand how much older men and women contribute to society, and that they must enjoy their right to healthcare, social services and economic and physical security. HelpAge is actively engaged and contributing in Humanitarian and development sectors since 2005. (www.helpage.org )
HelpAge International in Pakistan works closely with federal and provincial governments
to ensure the needs of older people are addressed through policy and legislation.
Sindh Senior Citizens Act was passed in 2016 for the wellbeing of the senior citizens in the province. Department of Social Welfare is leading on the implementation of the Act.
HelpAge International in collaboration with Department of Social welfare seeks to develop a App-based Management Information System (MIS) to monitor the implementation of the act and analyse the service delivery of old age homes to older people of the province.
App based MIS System will be a platform with latest technologies. The objective of the App-based platform with latest technology include:
- To see which services and privileges and quality older people are provided in old age homes being run by the government and private sector. q To monitor and regularize the old age management in the province Sindh.
- Data from old age homes will be shared on regular basis for different services (Infrastructure, Residents’ information, Services) through the Senior Citizen App, and then dynamic reports to be generated to see how older people are getting different services at the old age homes.
- The system would be capable of handling offline data in Excel format. This data would be from all districts (30) old age homes run by the Social Welfare Department and old age homes run privately.
- The system would support the department in monitoring and regularize standards and improve the living conditions of the older people.
Expectation from the Firms
- Develop App-based MIS for collection of data from old age homes;
- Work in close coordination with the Department of Social Welfare and HelpAge International to identify needs and requirements of the system;
- To travel to the project location (i.e. Karachi) to provide trainings to relevant staff;
- Troubleshooting and support required to the Department of Social Welfare;
- Provide a comprehensive and user-friendly manual to operate the system.
- Comprehensive presentation of the system;
- User-Friendly manual for systematic operation and troubleshooting;
- Back-end support to run the system smoothly;
Expectation from HelpAge International
- Coordination with the Department of Social Welfare;
- Provide all the required information.
- Arrange the trainings of the relevant staff team with the consultant.
- All deliverables must be completed by February, 2022.
- All the logistics arrangements, except training of the relevant staff will be bear by the respective firms.
Interested firms are requested to submit sealed technical and financial proposal to the following address by January 15, 2022.
Office G6, Ground Floor, Shah Tower, Sector E-11/2, Islamabad
Tel: +92 518 356476 | www.helpage.org