Terms of Reference (TORs)
Hiring consulting services for Project Showcase/National Summit.
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance and rule of law, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote international cooperation.
The initiative, “Strengthening Local Governments and Community Networks to Reduce Violence against Religious Minorities and Other Vulnerable Groups” is a five-year project implemented by The Asia Foundation (the Foundation). The purpose of the project is to reduce violence against religious minorities and other vulnerable populations in Pakistan by further developing and expanding the early warning system (EWS). The Foundation is implementing this project in 15 districts across country in Punjab, Sindh, and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces in collaboration with national, provincial and district public institutions, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academia, and existing networks of peace ambassadors. In addition to institutionalization of EWS – Management Information System (MIS) at select government institutions, the project also carried out advocacy initiatives to create awareness on fundamental rights and human rights issues for effective response to the violation of these rights.
This ToRs is seeking the services of an organization or a consulting firm to organize and manage the EWS Project Showcase Event to highlight the impact and achievement of the project.
2. Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to conduct a National Showcase Summit/Event (a project concluding ceremony with all the stakeholders) of the Project in Islamabad (on February 10, 2022) to highlight its impact and achievements.
3. Scope of work
- Coordinate, plan and organize the national showcasing event
- Planning meetings with the Foundation’s team/partners to finalize the event’s schedule and agenda
- Coordinate/liaison with all the stakeholders to ensure their presence at the event
- Event venue finalization and media showcase plan to set up a hall/corridor to show project’s journey through the key project interventions/champions.
- Theater play performance towards the end the program
- Arrange the photographic and videography service to cover the event.
- Media management which will include coordinating with media houses for event coverage.
- Preparation of the press release for the event.
- Update on the progress status to the project team and keep all relevant parties informed on issues and challenges faced for further solution/decision
- Ensure the screening of video documentaries/photos on a high-quality screen.
- Deliver any other tasks related to the event activities delegated (related to showcasing event) by the Asia Foundation.
- Ensure smooth execution of the event in circumstances if the government impose COVID restrictions. The consultant should clearly mention in the proposal that in case of COVID restrictions what methodology will be used and what will be the related costs.
Specific deliverables for the assignment include the following:
- A detailed plan for event
- Showcase event launch/management
- Designing invitation cards, backdrop, project’s showcase hall/corridor and branding elements.
- Media management at event along with video production / event photography.
- Attendance from project’s stakeholders’ that will include government departments, officials, parliamentarians, project partners etc.
- Post-event report.
5. Selection Criteria
- Excellent event management skills, with experience in the coordinating and managing across units, public institutions, government representatives and CSOs.
- Strong track record of organizing workshops, conferences, and meetings for the international development organizations.
- Strong experience in audio-visual showcasing, management of in-person events.
- In-depth understanding of all logistics and protocols needed to ensure smooth event management and implementation.
- Adaptability skills to deal with potential changes or challenges
The selection of the consultant/consulting firm will take place through a competitive process. Applications will be evaluated based on their previous experience, qualifications, and reasonable budget. The shortlisted consulting firms/candidates will be required to deliver on the basis of which final decision regarding award of contract will be made. The Foundation reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
6. Award of Contract
The contract would be signed for a period of up to one month with the selected consultant/firm. A task order would be issued on a need basis.
7. Responsibilities of the Foundation
The Foundation will monitor and supervise the work and review progress of the work, provide regular technical support, and feedback and provide support for engaging stakeholders and constituents as when required.
8. Reporting and Documentation
The service provider will maintain proper documentation of the activities conducted under the TOR and assess the information's evaluation and quality through the standard template. In addition, the service provider will regularly update data proving input to the Foundation monitoring system on completion and achievement of deliverables.
9. Intellectual Property
All information pertaining to this project (all materials prepared) belonging to the Asia Foundation, which the service provider may come into contact within the performance of his/her, duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of The Asia Foundation-Pakistan who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for this assignment's purposes, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever form without the Foundation's written permission.
10. Payment Modality
The payment on the awarded Contract will be made in Pakistani Rupees (PKR) against the deliverables and on submission of the report as per the Foundation financial rules and payment conditions stipulated in the Service for Contract.
11. Quotation Submission and Selection Process
The Foundation invites technical and financial proposals from qualified consultants having relevant experience in delivering similar services as mentioned in this TOR. Only a single technically responsive and financially viable consultant/firm will be selected following The Foundation procurement rules/procedure. Cumulative Evaluation Method will be used for this procurement exercise and a Contract will be awarded to the highest scorer in Cumulative analysis considering Technical and Financial Evaluation. The technical proposal will contain 60% and the financial proposal will contain 40% weight.
The quotation in hard copy with a cover letter to be submitted to:
Mr. Nasib Zada, The Asia Foundation Pakistan Office
Office No 102, First Floor, ISE Tower, Blue Area, Islamabad, Pakistan,
Office contact: 051-8434707
Proposal submission Procedure and Submission Deadline:
Proposals shall be reached to the above office on or before COB January 16, 2022. The proposer must submit the Technical and Financial Proposals in separate sealed envelopes mentioning "Technical Proposal" and "Financial Proposal" on the top of respective envelopes. Then a big envelope shall be used to cover both proposals mentioning "Proposal for Strengthening Local Governments and Community Networks to Reduce Violence against Vulnerable Groups – Showcase Event". on the top of the big, sealed envelope. Unsealed Proposals and proposals received after the deadline would be ground for rejection.